Why anti-bacterial switches are a good choice for home
In recent times, bacterial and viral diseases have grown in numbers and potency. As seen with the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, touch surfaces play a major role in transmission of these diseases. That’s why smart home brands like Schneider Electric have been investing heavily in creating home equipment that can counter these unseen microbial threats.
Switches and sockets are among the most touched surfaces in your home. Visitors (e.g., house help, utility and service personnel, and guests) also operate these systems regularly. Thus, there is a greater chance of the bacterial or virus surviving on an electrical surface and transmitting to others. Even using grimy hands to operate switches can lead to development of microbes on the surface. That’s where anti-bacterial switches and sockets come into play.
Anti-bacterial switches and sockets are made from specially treated plastics that inhibit the growth of microbes like bacteria, viruses and fungi. LIVIA switches and sockets from Schneider Electric are a perfect example. Unlike some products that simply have an additional coating over the standard material, LIVIA switches and sockets are made from anti-bacterial plastics offering lasting protection.
5 reasons for buying anti-bacterial electrical products
As a homeowner, you have to be sure about the technologies that can better the safety and security of your home and loved ones. So, today we are sharing five reasons why you should buy antibacterial switches and sockets.
- Anti-bacterial switches and sockets can inhibit the lifecycle of microbes like E-coli, Staphylococcus Aureus, Listeria and Salmonella.
- Anti-bacterial switches and sockets make your indoors healthier by preventing up to 99 percent of microbial growths from surviving in the open.
- These electrical products are made from not-toxic plastics, which makes them safe for your children and pets, and are also a better choice from an environmental perspective.
- Switches and sockets with inherent anti-bacterial properties (e.g., the LIVIA by Schneider Electric) do not lose their safety features opposed to products that come with an antibacterial coating that may wear off with use or dull with time.
- Anti-bacterial properties also keep your home electricals new even after years of use, preventing the discoloration that often happens due to bacterial and fungal spreads.
Need more reasons?
Anti-bacterial switches and sockets also come with modular design that allows you to install switches and sockets in any orientation and makes replacing faulty switches and sockets even easier.
Looking for anti-bacterial switches and sockets online? Visit us at shop.schneider-electric.co.in to buy directly from our e-shop. We offer genuine Schneider Electric products in India, with free COVID safe deliveries.